The Well of the World’s End and other Tales
The stories on the CD
- The Blood-Covered Vampire
- The First Smile
– a tale which shows why women smile more than men
- Bishop Daley
– probably the story I am most often asked to tell again
- The Louse and the Flea
– from the 2,000-year-old Hindu story collection The Panchatantra.
- Death in the Nut
– a powerful tale showing the place of death in the wider scheme of life
- The Well of the World’s End
This 60-minute CD is a live recording of a performance at the Grimms’ Fairy Tales Festival in Hanau, Germany.
The title story, The Well of the World’s End, is a powerful English version of The Frog Prince.
Go here for tales to watch
Go here for a list of all tales included on this site
Go here to receive an e-mail notification when new tales are added
Permission to tell outlines my views on copyright
For those who are teachers: Telling stories in the classroom: basing language teaching on storytelling