English through storytelling
This workshop offers the chance for secondary students to improve their English by hearing Richard tell stories and learning to tell stories themselves.
During the workshop students:
- hear tales to laugh at, tales to wonder at — and perhaps to make their blood run cold
- learn and practise practical storytelling skills — excellent training for presentations
- take part in speaking and writing activities generated by the stories
The length of these workshops can vary between half a day and three days.
This, like the content, is always tailored to the requirements of the individual group and the school.
So mail me to discuss your exact needs.
- I love your stories. Thanks for coming.
- I want to hear more stories.
- It’s great – now I can tell a story!
Go here for tales to watch
Go here for a list of all tales included on this site
Go here to receive an e-mail notification when new tales are added
Permission to tell outlines my views on copyright
For those who are teachers: Telling stories in the classroom: basing language teaching on storytelling